- Make a new menu item for the your Facebook Registration Page
- open the JFacebook login module and choose the "Your com_jfacebook registration menuitem" param as the menu item you just made
- Go back to the frontend and refresh your screen
This implementation checks the database to see if there is a user and tells Facebook through an Ajax response whether or not one exists.
Watch the Video
Here are some quick instructions of the use of the "Post to Wall on Register" plugin for JFacebook users.
- Install it
- Configure the above settings to what ever you like
The JF Login Module
This part is important. To be able to post any information to a user's Facebook page you have to have "PERMISSION". In this case that means the "Publish Stream" permission. That means you will need to ask the user at registration for that particular access.
In the JF Login Module configuration do the following:
- Check the 'Yes' option in the publish_stream permission parameter
- Also in the JF Login Module: Check the 'yes' option in the 'Use the custom permissions below' parameter
One problem that we found while testing JFacebook is the conflict that occurs when you try to use a Share Button:
We didn't dive into the cause to far because we really shouldn't be using Share Buttons anyway in external sites. We should favor the Like button because they are identical to shares as far as Facebook is concerned.Â
Page 1 of 4«StartPrev1234NextEnd»